Nomad Weekend Residency is a short-term program run in Zagreb, where different collaborators are invited for a three-day stay. We work on projects in progress and plan future projects, as well as meet local cultural workers. Our aims are to create and to expand our international activity and produce a remarkable impact on the networking of the main protagonists of the Croatian art scene.
The program is dedicated to understanding the differences in art production, presentation and distribution in Western and Central and Eastern Europe today. Our residents are, therefore, prominent artists, curators and collectors from both worlds: Slovenia, Austria, France, Serbia and Bosnia and Herzegovina. All these cultural workers are interested in different aspects of production, presentation and distribution of visual arts from the ex-socialist European countries in different stages of transitional political economies. According to the World Bank, some of those countries should have completed the transition process, but in dialogue with colleagues, it becomes clear that the art world in these territories is still in transitional and turbulent period.
By invitation only
Curator Vanja Žanko
Artists Bruno Pogačnik and Ivana Vukšić (Tarwuk)
• Bedroom & private bathroom
• Free Internet connection
• Office in a co-working space
• Office equipment (laptop, printer, scanner)
While on residency the residents will take part in a public presentation in Nomad Residency Studio.
• Abdelkader Benchamma, Paris, May 2015
• Maria Ehrenreich, Graz, May 2015
• Ana Panić, Belgrade, June 2015
• Petja Grafenauer, Ljubljana, July 2015
• Viktor Bernik, Ljubljana, July 2015
• Andrej Bereta, Banja Luka, December 2015
• Petra Pölzl, Graz, December 2015
• Valentin Ruhry, Vienna, January 2016
• Michael Strasser, Vienna, February 2016
• Austrian Cultural Forum in Zagreb
• Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Croatia
• Croatia Airlines
Museum of Contemporary Art Zagreb, Library/Documentation Department